Men’s fashion is recently emerging as a major industry. Fashion is no longer the domain of ladies. Men all over the world are becoming conscious of their appearance. They are investing plenty of time and money in honing their sense of style. Many companies are also coming into existence to cater specially to the fashion needs and requirements of their male patrons. These companies employ people who continuously keep track of evolving fashion trends and make them available to their customers. A person’s dressing sense is closely followed wherever he goes and is often used as a yardstick to make judgment about his personality. Thus, paying attention to fashion is becoming more of a necessity with each passing day.
What are the basic elements of Men’s fashion?
• Fashion, in its entirety is a broad term for style encompassing clothing, footwear and accessories like watches, wallets, shades, necktie etc.
• Fashion trends also vary depending upon the occasion for which they are needed- casual, formal parties, business meetings, special functions like weddings. These days even sportswear is moulded according to prevalent fashion trends.
• The major elements of fashion are proper fitting and absolute comfort. The best style of clothing is one which fits perfectly- not too loose nor too tight and is comfortable at the same time. Many times people opt for loose clothes while making the excuse that they want to be comfortable. But they actually end up looking unkempt. And clothing is uncomfortable only if it is unacceptably tight. Proper fitting not only enhance one’s looks and adds to the charm but also ensure that one’s clothes are comfortable. Comfort also depends very heavily on the fabric used to make the dress.
• Flashy colours are never flattering, whether on a woman or on a man. Colour choice is specially a difficult task for men, who are under pressure to look sober and manly even in casual wear. Thus, one has to make the best of blacks, gray, blues and browns, with a selective, strategic smattering of sober shades of other colours. But the plus point of this is that men do not have to spend too much time in selecting colours!
• Thus, it is important to pair different outfits and accessories in a manner which is most stylish without appearing outlandish. Sometimes, it is wise to obtain professional help in this regard.
Importance of getting good advice from a good boutique:
• A shop or boutique catering totally to Men’s fashion employs trained professionals who also call upon their considerable experience to help their customers to make the right selection.
• A colour scheme which looks good on the display rack, on a mannequin, or even on another person may not necessary flatter another person. Experienced sales people have an eye for such things. They can help in selection of the most suitable colour.
• The cut of clothing is important in determining how the wearer appears. Sales people are experts are advising which would be the most appropriate cut for a particular customer.
Thus, Men’s fashion is as tricky as fashion for women. Expert advice from professional can aid in making the best of current fashion trends.